The search is on for the next group of Tubbataha Youth Ambassadors.
If you have the passion for conserving the marine environment and would like to make an active contribution, then you must be the one we are looking for!
The Tubbataha Management Office in cooperation with the Pilipinas Shell Foundation, Inc. and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources is inviting all spirited Palaweño youth who want to become as marine conservation advocates and leaders.
Interested applicants, preferably fresh graduates, must possess the following qualifications:
- College graduate
- 20-30 years old
- With good communication skills (oral and written)
- Currently residing in Palawan, particularly in areas where marine protected areas are established
- Have regular access to the internet and competent in online browsing, social networks, etc.
- Endorsed by the barangay or municipality to represent a marine protected area or sanctuary in their community
- Willing to commit to initiate a project or activity within his/her community
Ten (10) shortlisted applicants will have the chance to learn through the Virtual Camp, a six-week online learning exchange platform. Only five (5) among all the shortlisted applicants will be named this year’s Youth Ambassadors. The chosen ambassadors will have a week-long Live Camp which is packed with activities such as trainings, field exposure to selected protected areas in Palawan, and youth forum. They will also receive technical assistance in implementing their proposed activities in their community.
Aspirants must submit a completed Application Form with a recent 2 x 2” ID photograph to: Tubbataha Management Office at the Caltex Gas Station, Bgy. San Miguel, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan or you can email to:email@example.com. Deadline for submission of application is on August 11, 2014 (12nn).
Application form and details of the program can be downloaded here. For more information please contact:
Glenda G. Simon
Tubbataha Management Office
Landline: 48 434 5759