Permit to Operate
Any person or entity who shall conduct commercial tour operations in TRNP should secure a Permit to Operate (PO) from the TMO at least two (2) months prior to the first scheduled entry. For the complete guide on a permit application, please refer to the Permitting Procedure.
Email/Submit the following requirements and the accomplished Permit to Operate application form:
- Certificate of Vessel Registry
- Passenger Ship Safety Certificate
- Minimum Safe Manning Certificate
- Accreditation from the Philippine Commission on Sports Scuba Diving.
- Sewage Pollution Prevention Certificate from the Philippine Coast Guard – All vessels entering Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park (TRNP) must have a holding tank and AIS transceivers. Must submit Ship Station License from National Telecommunications Commission.
- List of the boat crew and dive masters employed as certified by the boat owner or boat operator (fill up List of Boat Crew Form and Dive Masters Form
- Photocopy of valid dive license of all employed dive masters
- Special Working Permit (SWP)/Alien Employment Card (AEC) of foreign crews and divemasters employed by dive operators/boat owner
Payment of Conservation Fees. Applications for an entry permit must be accurately completed and Conservation Fees paid prior to the issuance of a permit to enter the Park. Fees must be paid in Philippine currency. The rates of Conservation Fees shall be as indicated below:
Rule 14.1. Vessel Entry. A Vessel Entry Permit must be secured by the boat owner/operator/captain or his/her representative prior to entry. Vessel entry fees are as follows:
100 gross tons and below P3,000.00
101-200 gross tons P4,500.00
201 gross tons and above P6,000.00
Rule 14.2. Visitor Entry. Entrants to the Park must secure a Visitor Entry Permit and pay the corresponding Conservation Fees before entering TRNP. Minors aged 12 years old and below are exempt from the payment of Conservation Fees. Visitors returning within the same year shall be entitled to a 50% discount. Visitor entry fees are as follows:
Announcements: – The Park is closed for private yachts/vessels annually from 15 April – 14 May due to the absence of moorings and the number of vessels. – Ban on camera/video for divemasters to focus on performing their duties while diving.
– List of the boat crew and dive masters employed as certified by the boat owner or boat operator (fill up List of Boat Crew Form and Dive Masters Form
– Photocopy of valid dive license of all employed dive masters
– Special Working Permit (SWP)/Alien Employment Card (AEC) of foreign crews and dive masters employed by dive operators/boat owner
Once the application is successful, you will be notified by the TMO through email/phone.
The notification contains your login information (username and password) that you need to access your Tubbataha Online Permit Facility account.
TMO will inform applicants whose submitted requirements were found insufficient and/or did not comply with the provisions in the TRNP Admin Order (2017).