The ranger station perched on the southernmost tip of Tubbataha’s North Atoll is home to a combined team of 10-12 men from the Philippine Navy, Philippine Coast Guard, Municipality of Cagayancillo and the TMO. Stationed for two months at a time, 130 kilometres from the nearest inhabited islands, their job is to protect the park from illegal activities including fishing and collection of other marine life such as top shells
- Regular patrols around the park
- Conducting scientific research and monitoring
- Briefing visitors during the dive season
- Surface and underwater cleanups
- Reporting and responding to unusual incidents, like crown-of-thorns starfish infestations.